· President Obama faces increasing scrutiny over deportation policies earning the nickname “deporter in chief”. See coverage of this issue in Mother Jones and The Nation as they dig into the deportation of 2 million immigrants.
· Affordable Care Act Update: The White House is reporting an uptick of millions who are now have health insurance through marketplace exchanges, coverage on parent policies and Medicaid.
· The Supreme Court has struck down the overall limits on political contributions with 5-4 decision. Individuals can now give the maximum contribution to as many candidates or political committees as they wish. See coverage of the dramatic decision at PBS, SCOTUS blog, Democracy Now, and Columbia Law School.
· Congressman Paul Ryan releases new budget containing billions in cuts. See the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities analysis on the Cong. Ryan's budget proposal.
· The National Urban League (NUL) releases new report: State of Black America 2014 where the theme is the economy and Black unemployment.
· Veteran journalist Chuck Stone joins the ancestors.
· Mayor Vincent Gray of Washington DC is now a lame-duck, after suffering defeat to D.C. Councilperson, Muriel Bowser.
· Incarcerated former Congressman Jesse Jackson has been transferred to a prison camp in Montgomery, Ala., according to the Bureau of Prisons. See coverage in the Chicago Tribune here
· UPS has decided to fire 250 drivers after they protested the dismissal of an employee, who worked there for 24 years.
Like and Follow The Blackboard's Facebook page here